TINY FOOD DOCS BY TINY FOOD PEOPLE
Call for Submissions - Short Food Documentaries by Kids
The Guelph Film Festival and Our Food Future, Guelph-Wellington’s initiative to create Canada’s first circular food economy, are collaborating to support the Festival's annual program of documentaries made by kids:Tiny Docs By Tiny People.
This year, kids across Guelph and Wellington County are invited to submit short, 1-2 minute (2 mins max) documentaries on "food in your life" or "food stories or issues you care about". These films can be shot on a phone(or something fancier). They can be polished, with lots of angles and shots, or be done in one take from one angle. It's all about the director’s vision!
- A favourite healthy food you like to make or eat
- Food you’ve grown in your backyard or patio garden, or about the critters that also like to eat from your garden
- What you and your family do to avoid wasting food, like preserving, making soup or composting
- How your friends and community have been connecting with or sharing food
- The farm where you live or one you’ve visited
- How or where your family gets/buys its food
- Anything else you like!
***Remember to film your doc in LANDSCAPE! Not Portrait***
Get your parents’ permission and email your doc to firstname.lastname@example.org
Chosen films will be screened as part of the Guelph Film Festival’s children’s programming (which will be part of the 2020 online festival). They will also be promoted by Our Food Future!
Tiny Docs can be sent as attachments or as a link from a Vimeo or Youtube account (but keep your awesome films private until we reveal them at the festival!) or they can be sent through WeTransfer (a free service to send files up to 2GB).
In your submission email please include the preferred name of the Tiny filmmaker, their age and the title of the doc.
Submission Deadline: **EXTENDED** to October 18, 2020
Please ask any questions in the comment section below!